Motorized blinds, shades, and curtains are one of the biggest window-covering trends in 2023. When one digs a little deeper into the popularity of smart blinds and electric roller shades, however, we uncover all sorts of style and design trends that have made these must-have for smart home automation. For any homeowner or personality that’s considering retrofitting their window blinds or buying new window coverings this year, here are the top smart blind trends to know.
1. What If You Could Talk To Your Blinds By Voice Control?
More homeowners are connecting their smart blinds to voice assistants and smart home hubs like Amazon’s Alexa, Google Home, Apple Homekit, and Siri Shortcuts. Hands-free voice control allows you to make adjustments without having to grab a remote control or tap your app, i.e. “Alexa, lower my blinds.”
Benefits Of Having Access To Smart Blinds’ Voice Control
- Be able to adjust blinds in hard-to-reach areas.
- Blend in your smart blinds’ automation with other smart home accessories.
- It will save lots of time in lifting or lowering your blinds or shades, or adjusting the curtain track.
- Voice control on motorized blinds can help individuals with mobility issues or who are physically limited.
- Requires a compatible voice assistant or smart home hub.
- Without the right keywords, a voice assistant may not work properly.
- If your environment is noisy, it may degrade the quality of your voice and make voice control impossible.
2. Try Blackout Blinds For Privacy To Easily Eliminate Daylight
For people who work overnight shifts and sleep during the day, or if you’re someone who occasionally naps, blackout blinds can do two things for you. Provide privacy and block out light. Thicker than regular fabrics, motorized blackout blinds are non-transparent that hide light from view. They also have the added benefit of increasing thermal efficiency and regulating a room’s temperature.
Benefits Of Motorized Blackout Blinds
- Eliminate all natural light from your room.
- Choose between automating your blackout blinds on a schedule or controlling them manually.
- You can retrofit existing blackout shades and convert them into smart shades with a tubular battery motor.
- Blackout shades are often more costly than light-filtering material.
- You may not require blackout blinds for all hours of the day and regularly switching them out isn’t realistic.
- Some rooms are better suited aesthetically with light-filtering materials brightening up the home decor.
3. Themes Of Nature And Eco-Friendly Materials For Blinds
One of the biggest trends in window blinds is the use of natural materials or nature-inspired textures, colors, and themes. Colors like winter gray, fall ivory, goldenrain beige, and timber brown all add warmth and calm. Inside a space like a bedroom, biophilia-influenced home décor capitalizes on our natural ability to feel safer and more relaxed with nature. If you’re someone who is busy, stressed, or anxious, eco-friendly, nature-based blinds material fit into that biophilia motif.
Benefits Of Having Themes Of Nature For Your Smart Blinds
- Blends in well with a range of home décor styles.
- Instill a sense of natural relaxation.
- Can help calm anxiety and stress, and make home more enjoyable.
- Mimics the colors and textures of nature.
- Adds warmth to any room.
- Certain colors and tones of nature may not blend in well with more colorful home décor styles.
- Themes of nature may not contrast well with rooms dressed in the decor styles of maximalism or professional executive.
4. Go Custom With Your Smart Blinds Using Layered Window Coverings
To add depth and interest, layering materials or different window covering types is a common technique. Curtains and blinds, or curtains with shades, can make for a surprisingly cohesive aesthetic, particularly on large windows. Just remember to layer with minimalism in mind. This is where organic, nature-like textures and neutral tones are your best friend.
Benefits Of Layered Smart Blinds & Window Coverings
- Allows you to be creative with your window blinds and coverings.
- Mix and match different patterns to customize the aesthetic.
- Increases your privacy while covering area on large windows.
- If you’re not experienced with design or home décor, it’s very easy to get it wrong and have clashing colors or patterns.
- Too much layering of smart blinds and window coverings can result in the same effect as blackout shades.
- Thickness of material and texture can vary, making it difficult to naturally combine and layer certain fabrics.
5. Use An Add-On Panel To Create Custom Solar Blinds
Eco-friendly, sustainable smart blinds are here! Through connection to an add-on solar panel for motorized blinds, you can recharge your blinds’ motor battery automatically. This means no need to plug in anything and on top of that, it can prolong usage. This is a must-have if you’re looking to maximize cost efficiency while conserving resources in your residence.
Benefits Of Using An Add-On Solar Panel
- Easy to install.
- Small in design.
- Increases the energy-efficiency of your smart home while harnessing the natural power of the sun!
- Prolongs the lifespan of your smart blinds’ motor battery.
- The direction of your window matters. A window that faces the sun will provide your solar panels with more power. A panel may not perform as expected otherwise.
- Be sure to buy your solar charging panel from a reliable source as performance on cheaper designs vary.
6. Automate To Lift And Lower Your Motorized Blinds On Schedule
Controlling smart blinds remotely is always a plus but it’s actually being able to automate them to open or close on a schedule that has a lot of homeowners clicking to buy new motorized blinds online. So convenient and also energy-efficient, you can maximize natural lighting conditions without having to think about it when you plug in your blinds into smart home automation.
Benefits Of Automated Motorized Blinds
- Control light in your home automatically.
- Combine it with voice control for a total hands-free experience.
- Never have to worry about adjusting the shades manually again.
- Override the smart home automated schedule whenever you need.
- Ensure you have a compatible smart home automation hub to set up your motorized blinds.
7. Trendy Smart Blinds Colors For 2023
Amongst the wide range of electric blinds and motorized shades, there are lots of colors to consider.
- Beige, taupe, and brown are very trendy smart blinds colors, inspired by neutrals and nature.
- Ivory is a favorite shade for window blinds of any type and is a nice alternative to classic white.
- Nature-inspired shades, such forest green with yellow undertones, work well for custom electric blinds.
- Light, dusty hues have gained a lot of traction complementary to existing home décor and texture.
- Deep navy blues, reds, and somber stone greys are luxurious while being neutral enough to intuitively blend in with other colors.
Buy Trendy Motorized Blinds For Some Added Excitement In Your Home
Now’s a great time of year to start on these sorts of updates and home décor changes. The benefits of motorized blinds range from being able to program and automate schedules to controlling light and privacy in a way that regular shades and blinds cannot. There are lots of exciting trends to choose from and so much more in terms of style, color, size, and other specifications.
Find all this and more under the selection of the best smart blinds at Go Smart Blinds. From zebra blinds to smart roller shades, blackout blinds, Shangri-La shades, and even accessories and materials to retrofit existing blinds and curtains, you can find everything you need at Go Smart Blinds to make the most of smart blinds trends. Grab yours today!